Monday, November 2, 2020

Am I in Utah?

 Family and friends,

I wrote you all a poem. 

October is gone 

That didn't take very long


Anyway,

☀️Highlights☀️

- We got 2 referrals this week! One is a little boy that hasn't been baptized yet, but his parents are members! The other one was a self-referral that sounds super solid! We haven't been able to get in touch with either of them yet, so pray we can this week. 

- We had a meeting with all the mission leaders and it was so good! We talked about some really good stuff. Both Sis Vivas and I were kind of drained after the meeting. We went to Cafe Rio after and saw so many members! I almost felt like I was in Utah or something!

- We were able to get our friend Craig a Book of Mormon. He started reading and said that he really likes it! 

- Halloween was pretty great! We helped some sisters make a video and went and dropped off some treats to members. We had to be in by 6, so we did weekly planning...yay.......


🥤Spiritual Juices🥤

The past 2 weeks I've been studying the story of Peter walking on water. This is one of my favorites and let me just say that there is so much we can learn from with story! But I'll spare you from a novel about everything I've learned. First, I want to highlight 3 verses:

Matt 14: 30-32

       30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

I love these verses because when Peter called out for the Lord when he was afraid, Jesus came IMMEDIATELY. I picture the Savior running to his aid to help Peter. Then after Jesus pulled Peter up they walked back together. When I read this, I realized that many times in our storms we begin to doubt and become afraid of the waves and wind. When we call out for Christ to help, He will be there IMMEDIATELY. He will then walk back with us until we have reached safety. Also He won't calm our storm when we call out to Him. If there's one thing I've learned on my mission it is that sometimes He doesn't change our circumstances. This is because He wants to change us. But He will give us the help and strength we need to over come our circumstances. Ask for His help! He's your lifeguard. 

I love and miss you all and hope you have the best week!

Let God Prevail

Kia Kaha 

Sister Twede:)

Fanny Pack Friday

Happy Halloween


After 3 weeks back to church, we finally took a picture

Sunday Picnic (It was freezing!)
Golden Hour



No comments:

Post a Comment