Monday, November 16, 2020

"I'm about as subtle as a train wreck!" - Bro Hovenden

Family and friends,

If you haven't yet seen President Nelson's announcement GO LOOK AT IT AND INVITE EVERYONE! It's going to be awesome!!

☀️Highlights☀️

- We had a Social Media meeting on Friday and they pushed it back so they could tell us more about President Nelson's message of hope and healing coming up on the 20th. So, if that doesn't show how important this will be, I don't know what does!

- Our ward mission leader has given us a ton of bottles of Martinelli's to deliver to less actives. So we delivered some on Saturday and it was so fun! We saw quite a few people that we haven't been able to meet!

- We had some really good lessons with members this week!

- We got to help an older couple that lives behind our church building (who aren't members) bring their Christmas decorations down. And the husband, Hugh, showed us how oxygen is flammable by filling up a bottle and shooting it off! It was super loud and scared me half to death haha!


🥤Spiritual Juices🥤

Just yesterday I learned something new from a story in the Bible that I have read so many times. Peter walking on water. Now I feel that Peter sometimes get chastised about how "he didn't have enough faith". Well, let me enlighten you on something I came to understand yesterday. 

First, out of the 12 disciples that were in the boat, Peter was the only one who stepped out onto the water. That takes a lot of faith! Second, HE WALKED ON THE WATER! That also takes a lot of faith. Now here is where it gets rough. Peter then realizes that he is out pretty far and he gets distracted by the waves and begins to doubt. Have we not all had those times of doubt? But here's the mind blowing part! When Peter realizes he's sinking, he immediately cries out to the Lord! This part demonstrates that Peter really actually has so much faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ! 

So let's just think for a moment...when we are in the midst of our storm, whatever it may be, when we begin to doubt and find ourselves starting to sink, how long does it take us to cry out for Christ's help? How long do we try to do it ourselves? I know for me, being the stubborn person I am, I think I can swim on my own, but it's when I reach out to Him that I realize I could have been walking a long time ago! So I invite you to kneel down and ask for the Lord's help. I know as you do He will IMMEDIATELY stretch forth His hand and save you!

I hope you all have the best week! Make sure to tune into President Nelson's message on Friday at 11AM MST!! Love you all!


Left God Prevail

Kia Kaha 

Sister Twede:)

All of our Martinelli's

Fanny Pack Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment